Pharmacy Tech Order Entry Job at Guardian Pharmacy of Dallas-Fort Worth – 3.3 Arlington, TX
Guardian Pharmacy of Dallas Fort-Worth is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Offering a $500 sign on bonus!
Closed Door Pharmacy servicing Long Term Care facilities is hiring a Pharmacy Technician. No public interaction, family work environment. Apply today!
Evaluates/triages incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely and accurate entry into pharmacy operations system. Routes incoming calls to appropriate department/individual. Receives, processes, and follows-up on refill requests.
- Work Ethic/Integrity – must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning – ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving – ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented – ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
Essential job functions (include the following):
- Triage incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely dispensing
- Ensure proper notes in computer and cycle fill coding.
- Accurately enter prescriptions into operating system to eliminate errors at dispensing
- Courteously respond to calls from customers, routing them as appropriate to ensure top level service
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure smooth workflow in data entry department
- Ensure all prescriptions assigned for processing are completed in regular shift
- Receive, evaluate, process and follow-up as needed with doctors’ offices on all refills assigned
- Notify facility and lead customer-service tech if product is out of stock and when delivery will be made
- Notify customer service lead tech when any medication cannot or will not be delivered as expected
- Assist with filing of completed orders, packaging of medications, profiling of orders for medical records, and filling processed prescriptions to dispense to the patient
- Print MARS for next delivery and print monthly MARS as needed
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education and/or Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Pharmacy Technician license/certification/registration (per state requirements); National Certification preferred (PTCB)
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred/required
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Ability to work flexible hours
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.
About the Company
Company: Guardian Pharmacy of Dallas-Fort Worth – 3.3
Company Location: Arlington, TX